Hello Readers! Today we’ll talk about the , maintenance of water heater. To ensure that your home’s heating system runs smoothly, you require multiple pieces of equipment. A water heater is of the most importance. Every household needs a water heater for numerous external and internal needs, such as the uninterrupted flow of warm water in the winters, washing tough stains off clothes, and sometimes cleaning and disinfecting surfaces with a mixture of warm water and antioxidants.Since multiple parts of a water heater tank are in regular use, wear and tear are unavoidable. To ensure that your water heater lasts longer and continues to operate smoothly, read on. This article will take you through a heater’s series of components, discussing a checklist that should be religiously followed for safety, security, and maintenance purposes.
Inspect and examine its outer unit
- Leakage in a pipe. According to a study, almost 10,000 gallons of water go to waste due to pipe leakages. The reason behind a leakage can either be a faulty pipe or an old water heating tank that has been used beyond its lifespan. If you notice anything of this sort, please contact a reliable plumber to fix it in the long run.
- Insufficient water storage and weak pressure. Sometimes, due to the leakage in the tank itself, the water keeps pouring out, weakening the top floors’ temperature control and water pressure.
- Rusted and eroded tank bodies or pipes can cause significant damage to the water quality affecting your health.
- Try to inspect and mend these problems every month to avoid a more significant issue in the end.
Cleanse and rinse out water through it
A tank’s purpose is to store water in large amounts. However, this water also contains certain chemical elements, which can cause erosion of tank walls if not rinsed thoroughly and routinely.
Check-up on the efficiency of pressure release valve
Pressure and temperature valves are also essential and need to be regularly inspected. T&P Valve can cause significant damage to the tank and people around it if not checked on a bimonthly basis or however often it needs to be examined based on its intensive usage.T&P Valve is specially designed to neutralize and balance the temperature and pressure levels inside of the tank. The pressure and weather must be simultaneously managed to avoid any extremities such as an explosion. People often neglect to form an equilibrium among the two metrics, which results in life-threatening situations.The maximum temperature and pressure recorded are (210 Fahrenheit/150 Imperial pressure stress); at this point, the situation is alarming. The valve should be released with turbo speed for safety purposes. What happens is that the increased temperature of water triggers evaporation in the form of vapors. This continuous conversion of water in mists increases the inner temperature and hikes it up to a bursting point. Therefore, checking on the speed and pressure of the T&P valve regularly can turn out to be a beneficial practice for the lifespan and hot water heating system maintenance.
Transpose the Anode rod regularly
As per the precautions mentioned in the hot boiler inspection checklist, because of constant corrosion and filtration, an Anode rod is made a compulsory feature of water heating tanks. It is placed on the top of the tank, attracting all sorts of elements that can cause oxidation. The Anode rod is usually made up of Zinc, Magnesium, or Aluminium.Anode rod is typically designed to prevent oxidation within the tank for two significant reasons:
- A water heater tank is a closed crafted vessel with high pressure and temperature modes, which induce oxidation faster.
- Oxidation typically sets a thick layer of oxidized elements that can quickly erode the tank’s walls, linings, and surface. Anode rod slows down the oxidation process safeguarding the inner and outer linings of the tank.
Any openings, leakages, or divulgence present in the tank nullifies the Anode rod’s operational function. They increase the mixing of additional oxidized elements, making the oxidation process faster and more serious.If you cannot manage this on your own, consider having an HVAC maintenance plan, A licensed and well-known entity for treating critical plumbing, leakage, and various other issues of a hot water tank and related home appliances.
Adhere to the checklist and make a move now!
This water heater maintenance and inspection checklist is a step to step guide, highlighting the substantial parts of a hot water tank. If you have been neglecting any of the pointers mentioned above, hasten up and run a thorough inspection to lengthen the life of your water heating tank by taking easy precautions.